Choosing the right school is one of the most difficult decisions you will make as a parent. Which school will provide your child the best start in life? It is an enormous undertaking and one that should not be entered lightly.
At Trinity, I have had the pleasure of meeting with many new and prospective parents to share with them the many benefits of a Trinity education.
Here are five of my very best tips when selecting a school for your child:
- Consider the needs of your child first and foremost. Look for the key elements that you perceive will best meet your child’s needs.
- Visit potential schools during their Open Days and school tours to experience the school day in action. Ensure you engage with staff and students – this will take you beyond the standard rhetoric of marketing brochures and provide you with a true feel for the school.
- Depending on the age of your son or daughter, try to involve them in the decision making process in an appropriate manner.
- Importantly, ensure that a potential partnership with a particular school shares a sufficient common philosophical bedrock that will enable the home and school to work effectively as a team to present a unified and consistent approach to your child’s education.
- Talk to other parents with children at the schools you are considering. You may be able to garner some thoughtful insights. At the very least, most people feel comfortable taking recommendations from trusted sources including friends, neighbours and family.
At Trinity, our biggest advocates are our students and parents. If you’d like to hear what they have to say, please watch our testimonials here.
For more advice related to boys’ learning and to stay in touch with School news, sign up to our e-newsletter here.