Trinity is considered among the very best schools in the nation and, indeed, the world. However, this may not always be reflected in the league tables, which are formulated by the percentage of HSC Band 6 results alone.
Here’s why …
In 2015, 64 Trinity students (31%) were IB students. Five of these students earned perfect scores of 45, equating to an ATAR of 99.95 and equal to first in the world, while a further five students received near perfect scores of 44 (ATAR of 99.85). The School’s overall IB results were among the best in the country, but not included in the published league tables.
Overall, when you combine our excellent HSC results with the IB results:
- the median ATAR was 86.50,
- there were 32 HSC All Round Achievers or IB Distinctions,
- 20 students received an ATAR equivalent of over 99, equal to approximately the top 1% of the state,
- 31% of students achieved an ATAR equivalent at or above 95,
- 41% achieved an ATAR equivalent at or above 90, and
- 53% achieved an ATAR equivalent at or above 85.
The School is pleased to offer a challenging and stimulating academic programme, whether it be the HSC or IB pathway, providing our boys with a choice of education to cater for their different needs and interests. To learn more about how Trinity knows how boys need to flourish, download a prospectus here.